MRB Property Valuation is owned by Thys Beukes, a registered professional with the SA Council for the Property Valuers Profession. Truly a company built on ethics, experience and work knowledge. The core function of MRB Property Valuation is to perform valuations of fixed and moveable assets. All their valuations meet the standards of the International Valuation Standards policy as accepted by the SAIV and SACPVP.
Ancillary services offered
- compiling of asset registers
- performing municipal valuation for rating purposes
- compilation of rates policies for municipalities
- budget calculations per property type for rating purposes
- going concern valuations
- property management and construction-related project management.
Civil projects offered
- compilation of asset registers
- property management
- maintenance management
- lease assessments
- condition assessments with costing
- handle objections on behalf of clients in terms of municipal valuations
- find, appoint and manage contractors, valuations for all spheres of government
- municipal valuations for rating purposes.
Mr. Thys Beukes started MRB in April 2014. This company is a service provider to Nedbank Business & Residential and Corporate & Wealth. Standard Bank Business & Agri, Investec Commercial & Agricultural Valuations, are also onboard. MRB performs all the Nedbank residential valuations for Home Loans in the Northern Cape, Free State and Western Cape. Other residential valuation contracts are with Standard Bank and Eskom for repossessed properties.
Mr. Thys Beukes served on the Vesting and Land Reform Committee in the Northern Cape. This was a joint venture between Provincial Public Works, Rural Development and Land Reform as well as Housing & Local Government. All government properties in the Northern Cape were vested in the right entity with the new dispensation.
Beukes performed many valuations for the Department of Roads and Public Works. The reason was for leasing and selling purposes. This resulted in servicing all the Commercial and Agricultural valuations for financial institutions and private clients.
He was the Chairman of the Central Branch of the SA Institute of Valuers for 2 years. Obviously participating in many presentations and speeches on residential, commercial and farm valuations at seminars. This was hosted by SAIV.
Mr. Beukes was selected as a Municipal valuer for many local authorities in the Northern Cape and North-West Provinces. In addition, the company is currently holding a Service Level Agreement with the Sol Plaatje Local Municipality.
He has been a professional witness to valuation matters in several court cases. This resulted in references to agricultural and residential properties. The company currently performs all the Land Reform Valuations in the Northern Cape. Already several of these farm valuations have been completed and signed off by the OVG.
- Dept. Housing & Local Government – 1992 to 2004 – Valuations Department – Senior Valuer
- 2004 to 2007 – Head of Property Management Section
- Serve as a member of the RDLR Vesting and Land Reform
- Validate – 2007 to 2014 – Chief Valuer – Commercial and Agriculture
- MRB – 2014 to present – Owner – All types of valuations to clients such as:
- Standard Bank
- De Beers,
- Government departments.
- Representative of ALPRO in The Northern Cape, Free State and North West.
- Amafa Asset Solutions Pty Ltd – 2021 to present – Operations Manager