In 2002 the George Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the George Sakekamer merged to form the George Business Chamber which was formally established as a registered NPC in 2015. It is a membership-based organization and has a growing membership base.
The primary purpose of The Chamber is to facilitate the unlocking of business opportunities for all businesses.
The vision of the George Business Chamber is to promote and cultivate an inclusive economy within the George Municipal area. This is done by collaborating with pertinent and influential organizations and institutions such as Local Municipalities, other Chambers, and business organizations but to name a few. The George Business Chamber NPC Southern Cape is lead and governed by an affiliate elected Board and has an Executive Committee which provides insight and support to the CEO and the Chamber Office. The Executive committee is also responsible for the management of different Sector portfolios that are current and relevant. Portfolio management is flexible and agile and can be quickly adapted according to any circumstances that affect business continuity.
Functions they offer:
- Network Evenings
- Business Breakfasts
- Stakeholder Information
- Key Stakeholder information sharing sessions.
- Golf Days
- Business Awards
- Loyalty Awards and Training Workshops
- Affiliation to the Chamber builds your Business Credibility and strengthens your business’s image.
- It offers opportunities for referrals and preferential trading.
- Promotes your business by attending the functions.
- It provides a valuable networking channel to create new business contacts.
- It provides up-to-date information that assists you in making decisions that affect your business.
- Cultivates relationships to create additional Linkages with other influential Organisations that can positively influence your business.
- The Chamber is a non-political organization.
- It is an official body that provides “Certificates of Origin” for exporters.
- Affiliates’ Company details are reflected in the “Member Directory” on the Chamber website.
- Advertising of products or services is available at a fee.